How I can support Dad:
- Knowledgebale support. It’s very reassuring to have someone in the room that can try to translate the scenario.
- Relief. Whether that means taking over while you go get coffee, rubbing her back to give you a break, going to get you food, or making up a bed for you to nap in. I’m here to help.
- Cheat Sheet. Giving you hints and nudges as to what she may want or need, but letting you get all the
- Taking pictures. I’m no photographer, but I’ll take pictures like crazy if thats what you guys want. Freeing you up to enjoy the moment with your new family.
- Knowing when to step out. Sometimes the best thing a doula can do is leave… for a bit. Giving you guys a moment to yourselves.
- Hilarious article written by a dad about why you should have a doula.
- DONA’s paper on the support Doulas can offer, and how they’re there to assist dads- not replace them
- 5 reasons why a Dad should demand a Doula.
- Great article that really breaks down what a Doula does for Mom and Dad.
- A local Spokane Dads experience with his Doula